Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Zoo, a Barbecue, and a nasty story of Poo

We had a great weekend. On Saturday Michael went paint balling with friends. He came back very sore, but had a great time. Monday we went to the zoo and a barbecue with friends. I know I post a lot of zoo pictures but we have a membership so that is what we do. The zoo was fun, but I would warn anyone who rides the monorail at the Dallas Zoo that cart number nine is where Joshua decided to pee. I wiped it up with wipes and it dried very fast. I was so embarrassed, luckily we were with friends who are also potty training a child, so they were understanding.


The gorilla came up so close to us that Joshua felt the need to back up, we enjoyed spending time looking at all of the animals.

We spent some time at the Children's Zoo and the kids played in the creek. Joshua and Dallin had so much fun. Dallin didn't even care that he was being walked on by bigger kids. :)
My boys are growing up so fast, in this picture I think they almost look the same size.
At the barbecue we were with the same friends as last year, and it just struck me how big they are all getting, and how much more they can do. Joshua was just barely walking last year. The food was delicious, and we had a great time Thanks to the Lukers and Gerstners!
As a side note, this morning was so nasty. Dallin was eating breakfast in the high chair. He started to grunt and I knew that he was pooping. He had a little bit left to eat so I figured that I would grab myself a bite to eat and then change him as soon as he was done. I grabbed my food, turned around, and saw that Dallin had poop all around his mouth. I was horrified. I screamed at Michael. Michael threw him in the tub, and I cleaned up the high chair. I bleached everything and scrubbed the chair so well. I guess Dallin must have been sitting just right because the diaper hardly had any poop in it. Needless to say I wasn't hungry anymore.


2 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

That is so digusting. I guess mine wasn't too bad. That is hillarious. That is great that you have a zoo pass, that would be so much fun. In that picture they do look the same size. I can't believe how old Joshua is either. I still picture him as a little baby.

Jenny said...

HA HA he must get the eating his poo from the west side of he family :) The zoo water pics are adorable!