Sunday, March 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Michael!





I had the hardest time trying to come up with a present for Michael this year. As I went shopping with the boys to pick out a lego toy for Dad. Joshua suggested that we get a bike for Dad, because he wanted go riding with him. I thought it was a brillant idea, so that is what we did.
The boys also picked out a lego truck for Dad.
We made strawberry shortcake for Michael. The boys all helped Dad blow out the candles. The cake turned out great!
Michael requested to rest on his Birthday, so I suggested the zoo for the morning and stay in for the evening.
Michael got to see the cheetahs up close and personal, which are his favorite animal at the zoo. We got to watch the zoo keepers train them.
We invited our good friends to come with us. The boys had a great time. Joshua ended the day telling me that he likes Dad's Birthday. :) All in all we love Michael and he is a great Dad. He works so hard and deserved his relaxing time at home. :) We only wish we could do more. I also just wanted to share some of the many faces of Leah. She is smiling sometimes now, and is growing fast. Michael finally got to see her smile for the first time. You can't ask for a better present from a 7 week old. :)

2 comments:

Jessica W. Clark said...

everyone is looking so much older, that includes Michael! ha ha Your kids are cute!

Marcy in TX said...

What a cutie! (I hope you don't mind that I checked your blog. I haven't seen you all since Leah was born!)
Happy Birthday to "cousin" Michael too!