Sunday, January 8, 2012

Race Day

We went to our first race of the year on Saturday. It was a cold one. The race was also delayed due to a new timing system. Leah wasn't too happy about the cold either. Michael did a lot of complaining, but we made it through. ;) We all were happy again by the end.

Joshua took third in the 1K fun run. I think he really took second, but isn't good at standing in line to take his place. I love that he loves to run and participate.

Dallin ran the 1K as well, but didn't want to do it alone. He made Dad go with him.

Joshua stayed up with most of the bigger kids. He told me his friend Afton did beat him. I love that he isn't even sad or upset by it.

I made my best time thus far for a 5k, so it was defiantly worth it for me. I love the running community. People are so nice. I never thought I would enjoy it, but it has really been fun.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

elise said...

hooray! you were awesome, by the way, thanks so much for motivating me to get out and run more! there's NO way i would have ever started by myself, and though i'm not as good as i want to be, i still credit all my improvement to you :) thanks!

West Family said...

Nah your improvement should be credited to your competitive spirit :) It is nice we both force each other to do these races. :)