Sunday, January 3, 2016

Race Day and Tornado Clean Up


 We ran our first 5k of the year.  It was a cold one!


Michael was nice enough to run with the kids in the stroller.


Joshua sprinting in.

The whole race crew.  We all hope to improve our times throughout the year!

Dallin sprinting in!

Jenny running in!
Leah sprinting in during the 1K

The day after Christmas a tornado hit our city and a neighboring city.  Our community has been great with coming together to help each other out.  My house was 4 miles away, so we were fine.  My sister's house was a block away from the tornado, but their house was fine.  

It is crazy to see the destruction and realize how much we are not in control.  

It is great to see so many churches and organizations working together to help clean up.  Michael went this weekend to clean up.  I stayed home to watch the kids, since it is too dangerous for kids to around.  We will help gather school uniforms and what not for the kids who have to start school with nothing.  It does make me proud to see the community helping each other out.  We do live in a great place. 

2 comments:

Brianna said...

I haven't heard much about the tornado but those pictures are so scary. Was it really close to your home? Were you so scared? I'm glad you guys are ok and able to help with the clean up, etc. So sad. Your Christmas pictures look fun. I'm glad your mom could come! I had to laugh at the picture of Michael staging Christmas presents. I liked to stage them too and try to make everything look nice. Paul was giving me a lot of slack for it this year, saying, "it doesn't matter!" "they don't care!" So I was happy to read that part of your blog to him! Ha ha! Miss you guys!

Teresa said...

It was about 4 miles away, so we were safe. Where we live, it didn't get too scarey. Leah was scared but the rest of us were fine.