Friday, March 6, 2009

March is very Unlucky!

Last year during this time Michael's position with Schwan 's was eliminated. This year we have a whole new set of trials, so maybe next year we will skip March. ha ha :)

Today our house was broken into while I was at the park. I came home and saw that our door was open. I knew that I had locked the door. They had kicked it in. The door frame was on the floor. I called the Police and they came. I called Michael and he froze all of our accounts. We lost everything that was materially valuable, and all of my pictures on my computer. They spent the most time in the master bedroom. They went through all of our clothes and under the bed. In the office they moved all of our pictures, we think they must have look for a safe. We went and bought a tower to go with our computer screen that I already had, so now we are back on-line, because they took both laptop computers. All my pictures gone. All my jewelry the cheap stuff and the other stuff. They stole my make up which is so odd. They also took the bag that I had my temple clothes in, they took out the clothes and actually left my recommend. I think this was a hint that no matter what the Lord will provide a way to the temple. ;)

The Police were very kind to us. We had a forensic team come in and dust for finger prints, and take pictures. Joshua was excited to see a police officers, and their cars. I filed a report with our insurance, we will see what hassles come our way with that.

Overall I am just angry and sad. We don't have much to begin with and they took what little we had.Thankfully we are all safe. I know the Lord is watching over and protecting us. I know they must have watched me leave, because I am here all of the time, so that is creepy. I guess they must not have wanted anything to do with Joshua, Dallin or I or else they could have at any other point, so I guess that is of some comfort.

Our friends and family have all called and lent their support. Scott came to fix our door so we can lock it tonight. Our other neighbors have come over to offer condolences and said that they will keep their eyes open. Everyone has been so nice.

We do have nice people who live around us. I am not afraid to be here. I think it was someone who must have been desperate or just plain mean.

If anyone has pictures that maybe I have emailed to them or they took of our kids or us I would love it if you could email them to me.

4 comments:

Jessica W. Clark said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, mom just told me!!! I don't know what to say about that? I hope everything goes well with the insurance and stuff!!!! If you need anything we are always here!

Kristin said...

Oh that breaks my heart! I am so sorry. I hope you guys are doing okay! You are in our prayers.

Kimber Bowen said...

I am so sorry Teresa, that is horrible. I am glad that you and your family are okay, I just can't believe it. I am so sorry.

Paige Turnbow said...

I'm so sorry. That has to be very scary. Just be glad that you were out of the house when they broke in. You and your family are in my prayers.